Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Project #3- Paper - something unexpected

Day 3's assignment is to "Make something out of paper, but don't use scissors or glue or draw on it."  Oh, no!  I did paper yesterday-and I didn't use scissors or glue!  Although I did draw on my ladybugs, and the bunny had to be cut.  Author Noah Scalin (365: A Daily Creativity Journal) did tell me that I didn't have to know origami for this project, so I got creative and did something else.


I borrowed some of the X-man's origami paper and started tearing.  I didn't want just a flat ladybug, so I thought, "How can I make it stand up?"  I tore an orange body shape, and used a push pin to make holes to attach the legs.  I then made the legs by tearing strips of paper and folding them in half three times, making them really skinny, but also pretty strong.  As I was looking at my l-bug, I thought, "I need some black in here," so I tore off some of the orange to let some black show and tore a black piece big enough to be the body and head.  


I also decided this was a good way to get some dots, so I used the push pin to poke enough holes to tear out bigger, dot holes.  Then I poked holes in a line to show the line between the wings.


After attaching the legs- poking them through holes and folding them back on themselves to support the body- I tore out a green leaf for the l-bug to call a perch and, maybe, munch a little.


For some reason, the camera on hubby's phone wouldn't take a very clear picture.
I like how bright the colors look, though.

This picture lets you see how he's made a bit more easily, even though it's dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment