Friday, July 13, 2012

Shepherd's Pie- I Know, Can You Believe I'M Posting a Recipe?

I haven't posted anything in forever, because things have been too hectic.  I have been creative, but it hasn't fit the criteria.  Plus, I haven't had time to write about it.

I decided to write up a recipe tonight because I always have to look up what I want and then change it to fit our family's needs.  Really, I have to look it up because I can't remember the temperature and time for the oven.  I figure if I post my recipe here, I won't have to go searching for the one that's the closest to what I need.

This is a Shepherd's Pie recipe that is safe for my husband's IBS and my acid reflux, so there are no onions or tomatoes or any fancy spices or veggies.

1 lb. ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small can peas/carrots
1 small can green beans
4-6 servings instant mashed potatoes
shredded cheddar cheese
garlic (not too much)
salt
pepper

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown the ground beef.  I seasoned the beef with the garlic, salt, and pepper while it browning.
3. While the beef is cooking, start working on the instant potatoes.  You don't have to do it at the same time, but it saves overall prep. time.
4. Once the beef is browned and drained, mix it with the soup and veggies.  (I do this in the skillet, so I don't have to get something else dirty.)
5. Smooth the beef/veggie mixture in the bottom of a 2-quart casserole pan.  Top with cheese.  (I just got this idea tonight from http://shepherdspierecipes.blogspot.com/ Recipe #3.  The X-man loves his cheese!)
6. Hopefully, your potatoes are about finished by now.  When they are, spread them out on top of the cheese and put more cheese on top of that!
7. Put the whole thing in the oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble.

If your house is anything like mine, this is the time everyone gets really happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment