Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Beginning

This is the blog that never ends.  It just goes on and on, my friends. 

Really, this is just the blog I'm going to write about things I like or do or make.  

I got a book (365 A Daily Creativity Journal by Noah Scalin) at Archiver's a couple of months ago that has inspired me to do something creative this summer.  I got the book for my hubby, but after reading the intro., I decided that the mini-man and I might get in on the fun, too.

The idea is to do something creative every day.  You could pick a theme and then do something around that theme each day.  What's great is that you don't have to do the whole year as the title suggests.  I love the no-stress approach of this idea!  Scalin gives all kinds of ideas for scaling back the project to make it less daunting, like once a week or only for a month.  I'm a teacher, so I'll have more time this summer.

The journal gives you starting points for each day.  If your theme is, say, penguins, you look at the journal to get your inspiration for the day.  Then you do what is says, but with penguins.  How cool!

So that's it.  That's my plan.  I'm going to try to do something creative every day (or two) this summer.  And I'll write about it here on my new blog.  




1 comment:

  1. Ooooo - I get to leave the first comment!! Have fun with blog. I have one for (mostly) paper crafting. http://purrfectsentiments.blogspot.com Now that summer is here we will have to get together for lunch or maybe you can escape to a crafting few days at the lake.

    ReplyDelete